Going for a hairtransplant is a big step towards boosting your confidence but it is achievable only if you are ready and committed towards your hair even after the procedure. The hair transplant procedures like DFI (Direct Follicular Implant), DT (DirectTricho) are done in just a few hours but you will be able to do justice to the surgery and to your hair only if you follow the post procedure guidelines.
Some of the crucial hair care steps that you need to follow for assured results and a complication free luscious hair growth are given below for your reference:
1) A certain amount of scarring can happen once you have undergone a hair transplant. While waiting for new follicles to grow, take care to have certified medications that will reduce the little bit of swelling if any. This will also help in reducing scalp irritation.
2) Always try and keep your head elevated. This is necessary to avoid any minor swelling on your scalp. Since the scalp will be operated, you will need to sleep on two or more pillows to prop up your head. Ideally, there is nothing better than a reclining chair to sleep in if you can.
3) Avoid physical activity in any circumstances for a few days. Your doctor will doubtless tell you not to venture in the sun upon surgery. Take care to also avoid strenuous exercises that will make you sweat. Sweating increases the risk of infection to a great extent. You should also avoid visiting steams and saunas for the same reason.
4) As Indians, we are accustomed to spicy dishes, but the body’s reaction to such food will interfere with the healing process. Alcohol consumption is a strict no-no as it affects the blood supply to the head. If possible, try to avoid smoking for a month immediately after the surgery as well.
5) Keep the area around your scalp clean throughout the recovery phase of at least one week. You will feel soreness and a numb sensation in the places where the incision has been made. Understand the medications and their frequency correctly and do not attempt to self-treat yourself in any way. Recovery after the operation takes time. And finally, keep yourself busy with other activities apart from obsessing about when new hair will grow.
6) After surgery, you may begin to wash your hair gently in the shower. Try not to let the water beat directly onto the recipient area where the follicles are for the first 4-5 days after surgery. Though 2-3 days after surgery you can gently touch the follicles with the fingertips while washing in the shower. Avoid catching the grafts with your fingernails.
Use these tips to get the best results out of your hair transplant and show off the new you in no time.